We offer an extensive selection of processing and machining services to make certain your steel is delivered in the condition needed for your manufacturing process. They include:
- Billeting / sawing
- Band saw - the most versatile and cost-effective style of saw providing a wide range of cutting speeds and feed rates.
- Carbide saw for faster cutting on volume-based requirements.
- Used to achieve greater accuracy of the diameter of a hole.
- Precision boring
- Rough boring
- Turning / peeling
- Producing a smooth, defect-free continuous surface with precise dimensions to a variety of tolerances.
- Abrasive machining process producing a precision surface typically used for finishing cylinders for internal combustion engines, air bearing spindles and gears.
- Open die forging where the billet is placed between multiple dies that do not enclose the metal entirely.
- Closed die forging (or impression die forging) utilises high pressure to compress the metal piece to fill an enclosed die impression for required shapes.
Contact Hillfoot for further details of our engineering services and capabilities.