We are now recruiting for experienced Warehouse Operatives at our site on Herries Road, Sheffield.
Following predefined warehouse procedures and best practices, the roles are required to ensure materials are received, cut and despatched accurately, safely, efficiently and in line with customer requirements.
The main tasks of the role will include:
- To unload incoming material safely and efficiently, whilst ensuring it complies with ordered requirements
- To book incoming material on to the company ERP system and safely transfer it to the appropriate storage location
- To operate OH cranes, Forklift trucks and sideloaders to safely move material around the warehouse
- To load vehicles with material for dispatch, ensuring material is loaded and secured safely
- To carry out routine checks on forklift trucks, sideloaders and cranes and to report any faults accordingly
- To work in accordance with standard works and Health & Safety procedures at all times
- To keep the warehouse and facilities clean and tidy
- To achieve/beat targets set by the Shopfloor Supervisor
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhoc duties as requested by the management team.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the following areas:
- Trained in the operation of an Overhead Crane
- Trained and experienced on an FLT
- Trained and experienced on a Sideloader
- Warehouse experience working with steels/metals.
Required Knowledge and Skills include:
- PC Literate
- Numerate and Literate
- Organised in approach to work
- Time management
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail
Positions are on a rotating shifts pattern of 6am-2pm & 2pm –10pm.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please forward your CV and covering letter by email to: email@example.com.