As part of the continued investment in our ambitious growth strategy, we are excited to be recruiting for a newly created role of Warehouse Operative.
Working with the existing Operations, Planning & Transport Team, the suitable candidate will ensure the efficient processing of goods whilst being a positive outward-facing representative of Hillfoot and our industry-leading performance and service.
We are an independent dynamic, steel solution provider with a strong family ethos and values that make us stand out from the crowd and enable us to be successful in a challenging marketplace always striving to have a smile on our face.
As one of the UK’s largest steel stockholders, we are recognised as experts by our diverse customer base in a wide range of industries including Automotive, Mining, Off-Highway, Power Generation, Construction, Defence and Industrial engineering sectors.
Salary: £21,450 per annum (Rotating shift patterns - Mornings & afternoons. 38hrs per week)
The main tasks of the role will include:
- To unload incoming material materials safely and efficiently, whilst ensuring it complies with ordered requirements
- To book incoming material onto the company ERP system and safely transfer it to the appropriate storage location
- To operate sawing equipment to cut steel to the customer's ordered requirements.
- To package material safely and in line with specific customer requirements
- To operate OH cranes, Forklift trucks and side loaders to safely move material around the warehouse
- To load vehicles with material for dispatch, ensuring material is loaded and secured safely
- Follow predefined warehouse procedures/best practices effectively, to ensure materials are received, cut and despatched accurately, safely, efficiently and in line with customer requirements.
Required knowledge and skills include:
- Steel experience.
- Bandsaw experience
- Side loader certificate (preferred but not essential)
- Overhead crane FLT certificate
- Customer Contact / Service: Ensure that service to the customer is of the highest standard and quality at all times. To communicate customer requirements and/or schedules to internal staff in a timely and executable manner to promote optimum cost efficiency. To develop relationships and a proactive approach with internal/external customers, understanding and striving to meet their requirements
- Teamwork: To build, manage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and communication within the organisation and work in partnership with other team members. Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally. Works effectively as part of a department's team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance. Provide cover and assistance within your associated team during times of absence and high work volumes. Assist in other site operations, for which you are capable and/or qualified, as required and directed by your Line Manager. To work efficiently and effectively as part of a team. To carry out any additional duties requested by your Line Manager, under clear direction and support.
- Efficiency/Accuracy/Achievement/Quality: Ensure processed work is checked thoroughly before actioning. To achieve the targets and job standards set out by your Line Manager. Ensure that all role activities are managed in an efficient, timely and customer-focused manner.
- Personal Excellence: To be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work. Takes an active role in personal development frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Data Protection/Recording/Confidentiality: Maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee/customer records and business information.
- Health & Safety: Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, as an employee, you must take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and for other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work. The Act also states that you must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare. You are also required to make yourself aware of the organisation's health and safety policies and to report any accidents/incidents.
- Equality and Diversity: The organisation operates an Equal Opportunities policy and expects staff to have a commitment to its policies in relation to employment and service delivery.
- Code of Conduct: The post-holder is required to adhere to the standards of conduct expected of all our employees set out in the Code of Conduct for Hillfoot Steel Employees.
- Finance: All organisation staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please forward your CV and cover letter by email or to: firstname.lastname@example.org.