We are now recruiting for experienced Warehouse Operatives at our site on Herries Road, Sheffield.
Following predefined warehouse procedures and best practices, the roles are required to ensure materials are received, cut and despatched accurately, safely, efficiently and in line with customer requirements.
The main tasks of the role will include:
- To operate sawing equipment to cut steel to the customers ordered requirements
- To carry out routine cleaning and maintenance on saws
- To inspect cut items and ensure they meet the required dimensional tolerances
- To package material safely and in line with specific customer requirements
- To identify cut and bar pick items in accordance with the customer’s requirements
- To operate overhead cranes and forklift trucks to safely move material around the warehouse
- To carry out routine checks on forklift trucks and saws and to report any faults to the Shopfloor Supervisor
- To work in accordance with standard works and Health & Safety procedures at all times
- To keep the warehouse and facilities clean and tidy
- To achieve/beat targets set by the Shopfloor Supervisor
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhoc duties as requested by the management team.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the following areas:
- Band saw experience
- Trained in the operation of an Overhead Crane
- Trained and experienced on an FLT.
Required Knowledge and Skills include:
- PC Literate
- Numerate and Literate
- Organised in approach to work
- Time management
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail
Positions are on a rotating shifts pattern of 6am-2pm & 2pm –10pm.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please forward your CV and covering letter by email to: email@example.com.