As part of the continued investment in our ambitious growth strategy, we are excited to be recruiting for the position of Planner within our Planning & Transport department.
Working with the existing Operations and Planning Team, the suitable candidate will ensure the timely and efficient planning of production orders whilst targeting maximised output and utilisation of capacities, capabilities and resource.
We are an independent dynamic, steel solution provider with strong family ethos and values that makes us stand out from the crowd and enable us to be successful in a challenging marketplace always striving to have a smile on our face.
As one of the UK’s largest steel stockholders, we are recognised as experts by our diverse customer base in a wide range of industries including Automotive, Mining, Off-Highway, Power Generation, Construction, Defence and Industrial engineering sectors.
The main tasks of the role will include:
- Daily planning and rescheduling of production orders across all internal work centres
- Maintain the capacity plan around planned maintenance of equipment and staff holidays
- Produce a daily lead time for all items of equipment to allow the commercial team to quote realistic and achievable production times
- Daily publication of the current schedule to all stakeholders to allow full visibility
- Manage any deviation requests to the schedule through Sales Directors and the Commercial Director ensuring any impact to other orders are also fully communicated.
- Daily analysis of adherence to the current schedule to ensure that any slippage to the current plan can be actioned at the earliest possible stage
- Liaise with sales to ensure that customers’ requirements are fully understood and delivered.
- Report to the Planning and Logistics Manager any issues relating to insufficient capacity at the earliest possible chance by producing a theoretical long-term schedule
- Reduce production times and packaging costs by planning to the most cost-effective method and where possible, collating a customer’s order to one cell
- Support the Planning and Logistics Manager in the delivery of the departments KPI’s
- KPI Report preparation
- Maintain a historic lead time per item of equipment to ensure that the business has full visibility of future capital expenditure requirements
- Liaise with the Shop Floor Manager to ensure they are fully aware of the areas where the plan is not being adhered to
Candidates must have the following experience:
- At least 2 years planning/scheduling experience within a fast paced environment
Required Knowledge and Skills include:
- IT literate (MS Office + ERP)
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills
- Numerate and literate
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible approach to working times
- Problem solving
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Recognising the opportunities of process improvements
- Works well under pressure
- Procedural mindset
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please forward your CV and covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org