As part of the continued investment in our ambitious growth strategy, we are excited to be recruiting for a newly created role of Logistics Manager.
Working with the existing Operations and Planning Team, the suitable candidate will ensure the efficient, cost effective delivery of customer orders via our own and third party transport, targeting sustainable cost improvements and an industry leading delivery performance.
The main tasks of the role will include:
- Plan and coordinate the collect and deliver of customer orders on a daily basis.
- Consolidate loads to ensure most cost-effective delivery method whilst meeting customer expectations, including maximised utilisation of own transport and driver.
- Implement new automated ‘customer portal’ to efficiently deliver necessary material documentation, certification, dispatch documents to customers.
- Constantly reviewing our order fulfilment processes to ensure we remain ahead of a changing market place and customer expectations.
- Assist in determining the necessary vehicle requirements for own transport.
- Perform annual review of 3rd Party Transport provider to ensure areas and charges continue to be appropriate to our business.
- Communicate with Commercial Team to ensure up to date delivery information for customer orders and highlight slippages as necessary.
- Validate all 3rd Party transport supplier invoices.
- Control and management of POD’s.
- Investigate non-conformances relating to logistics and ensure preventative actions implemented.
- Management of export process and expediting of orders to overseas customers.
- Managing the maintenance and servicing of own vehicles.
- Working with Finance department to manage on stop / on hold lists.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Required knowledge and skills include:
- PC literate
- Clear & effective communication
- MS Office – Intermediate level
- Numerate and literate
- Attention to detail
- Organised in approach to work.
If you feel you have the right attitude for this exciting opportunity, then please forward your CV and covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with Ben Martin.