As part of the continued investment, we are very excited to be recruiting for a Commercial Trainee position within our sales team.
We are an independent dynamic, steel solution provider with a strong family ethos and values that make us stand out from the crowd and enable us to be successful in a challenging marketplace always striving to have a smile on our face.
As one of the UK’s largest steel stockholders, we are recognised as experts by our diverse customer base in a wide range of industries including Automotive, Mining, Off-Highway, Power Generation, Construction, Defence and Industrial engineering sectors.
This role is specifically designed to support our succession planning and medium-term growth aspirations. The right candidate will possess the drive and tenacity to elevate themselves within the business, demonstrating their commitment and application to the role necessary for them to quickly progress to management positions and beyond.
The role will be supported at all levels throughout the business, with formal and informal training being structured to support the ongoing development of the individual, targeting agreed objectives for the business and the individual.
The individual will start their learning from a grassroots position ensuring the correct foundation is initially development in order to support the subsequent phases of their growth within the sales environment.
Salary: £21,000 per annum (37hrs a week)
The main tasks of the role will initially include the following:
- Enter quotes and orders on ERP system
- Performing contract reviews of entered orders
- Expedite customer orders with internal department and update sales team and/or customers accordingly
- Evaluation of customer enquiries
- Produce quotations based on agreed commercial policies and pricing models
- Follow-up quotation in pursuit of orders and gaining commercial feedback
- Build key relationships to ensure loyalty, return business and sustained trading
- Seek out opportunities for new business and escalate to the Sales Director
- Assist with sales order maintenance, such as date amendments, of live and unallocated orders as necessary
- Run reports and collate data for the sales team and senior management
- Bring forward any suggestions for improvements to practices/procedures within the department
- Any other tasks as necessary to support the running of the team
- Customer Contact / Service: Ensure that service to the customer is of the highest standard and quality at all times. To communicate customer requirements and/or schedules to internal staff in a timely and executable manner to promote optimum cost efficiency. To develop relationships and a proactive approach with internal/external customers, understanding and striving to meet their requirements
- Teamwork: To build, manage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and communication within the organisation and work in partnership with other team members. Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally. Works effectively as part of a department's team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance. Provide cover and assistance within your associated team during times of absence and high work volumes. Assist in other site operations, for which you are capable and/or qualified, as required and directed by your Line Manager. To work efficiently and effectively as part of a team. To carry out any additional duties requested by your Line Manager, under clear direction and support.
- Efficiency/Accuracy/Achievement/Quality: Ensure processed work is checked thoroughly before actioning. To achieve the targets and job standards set out by your Line Manager. Ensure that all role activities are managed in an efficient, timely and customer-focused manner.
- Personal Excellence: To be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work. Takes an active role in personal development frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Data Protection/Recording/Confidentiality: Maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee/customer records and business information.
- Health & Safety: Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, as an employee, you must take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and for other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work. The Act also states that you must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare. You are also required to make yourself aware of the organisation's health and safety policies and to report any accidents/incidents.
- Equality and Diversity: The organisation operates an Equal Opportunities policy and expects staff to have a commitment to its policies in relation to employment and service delivery.
- Code of Conduct: The post-holder is required to adhere to the standards of conduct expected of all our employees set out in the Code of Conduct for Hillfoot Steel Employees.
- Finance: All organisation staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- Bachelors level degree in a business/commercial discipline preferred but not essential
- Experience in operating in a commercial role preference but not essential
- Grade C or greater in GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent
Required Knowledge and Skills include:
- Driven and targeting progression within an organisation
- Clear and effective communication
- Results orientated
- Desire to learn & develop
- Ability to work under pressure
- Numerate and Literate
- PC Literate. MS Office – Intermediate level
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please forward your CV and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.