As part of the continued investment in our ambitious growth strategy, we are excited to be recruiting for a newly created role of Driver / Warehouse Operative.
Working with the existing Operations, Planning & Transport Team, the suitable candidate will ensure the efficient, deliver of finished goods to customers, collect raw materials from suppliers and movement of product between subcontractors, whilst being a positive outward facing representative of Hillfoot and our industry leading performance and service.
We are an independent dynamic, steel solution provider with strong family ethos and values that makes us stand out from the crowd and enable us to be successful in a challenging marketplace always striving to have a smile on our face.
As one of the UK’s largest steel stockholders, we are recognised as experts by our diverse customer base in a wide range of industries including Automotive, Mining, Off-Highway, Power Generation, Construction, Defence and Industrial engineering sectors.
The main tasks of the role will include:
- Daily loading and securing of consignments according to load lists
- Effective and safe delivery of scheduled consignments, including providing necessary delivery paperwork.
- Ensure signed proof of delivery are obtained for each consignment upon successful delivery
- Carry out routine checks on delivery vehicle and reporting any defects
- Ensure vehicle and clean and tidy
- Determine effective route for delivery where no specific route plan can be provided
- Load/unload their vehicle if necessary
- Work in accordance with standard works and Health & Safety procedures at all times
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhoc duties as requested by the management team.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- HGV Class 2 Licence
- Trained in the operation of an OHC
- Trained and experienced on an FLT
- Trained and experienced on a sideloader
- Band saw experience.
Required knowledge and skills include:
- Organised in approach to work
- Time management
- Good communication skills
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please forward your CV and covering letter by email or to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak with Robert Barber.